Tupelo Honey Playlist 1/17/12



I put a ridiculous amount of thought into my "Best of The Year" shows. I know deep down that no one really gives a shit what some volunteer DJ in podunk town thinks is the best song or album, but if you're going to publish your opinion, it seems to me, you had better do your due diligence.

That's why it drives me batty when, after I publish my picks for the year, I find a song or album that I completely missed that's so good it inevitably would have made the list.

Had one of those songs on tonight's show. In 2010 The Mallet Brothers Band was no where near my radar screen. In 2012 I finally heard "Watch You Walk Away." The song would have undoubtedly been on my Top 20 Songs of 2010. Bummer. 

A great, great song, check it out...




Till Next Week
Ciao


Artist - Song - Album


5pm
The Patti Fiasco - Bottle of Wine - The Patti Fiasco
The Wood Brothers - When I Was Young - Smoke Ring Halo
Ana Egge - There Won't Be Anymore - Bad Blood
Eleven Hundred Springs - Raise Hell Drink Beer - Brewed in Texas
Jeff Martin - Song In My Head - Gold In The Water
Rufus Wainwright & Teddy Thompson - King of the Road - Brokeback Mountain Soundtrack
Sean Hayes - No No Guantanamo - Outtakes & Alternatives
The Easy Leaves - Lines Of Stone And Dust - The Easy Leaves
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues - The Legend 
Michelle McAfee - Going Home - Up In The Air
The Mallett Brothers Band - Watch You Walk Away - The Mallett Brothers Band
Jerry Jeff Walker - Gettin' By - Great Gonzos
Rick Danko, Jonas Fjeld & Eric Andersen - One More Shot - One More Shot
Bahamas - Lost in the Light - Barchords


6pm
Kitty Daisy & Lewis - I'm Coming Home - Smoking In Heaven
Robbie Fulks - She Took a Lot of Pills (And Died) - Country Love Songs
Three Bad Jacks - Gone Gone Goodbye - Crazy In the Head
Giant Sand - Brand New Swamp Thing - Blurry Blue Mountain
Lewi Longmire Band - The Ballad of Me & Sweet Marie - Tales of the Left Coast Roasters
I Love Big Fat Women - Jeffrey Broussard - Return of the Creole
Rosie Flores and the Pine Valley Cosmonauts - This Little Girl's Gone Rockin' - Girl of the Century
Gillian Welch - Look At Miss Ohio - Soul Journey
Kelly Pardekooper - Forgotten - Yonder
Old 97's - Crash On The Barrelhead - Fight Songs
Pokey La Farge And The South City Three - Drinkin' Whiskey Tonight - Middle of Everywhere
Billy Joe Shaver - Wacko from Waco - Wacko from Waco Single
Ox - Midnight On the Island - Tuco
Katya Chorover - Whiskey Clouds - Big Big Love
Heath Haynes & the Hi-Dollars - 360 - Ain't With Bein' Broke

No comments: